Balvenie - Fast Rescue Craft (FRC)
The FRC craft is utilised during offshore operations to transfer crew and is ideally suited for restricted area access around offshore vessels, platforms, and substations where DSVs have limited access.
Typical workscopes include but not limited to:
- Subsea structure inspection (ACFM, MPI, CP, etc.)
- Light construction works
- Blanking plate installation/removal
- Debris removal
- Special periodic surveys (SPS) carried out to class requirements
- Inshore harbour survey work
- Offshore renewables
Overall Length: 8.3 m
Overall Beam: 2.7 m
Displacement: 2.5 t
Draught (light): 0.5 m
Speed (light): 32 knots
- Single point lift
- Self righting
- New hard wearing two piece fender system
- FRWB hull design
- Wheelhouse for up to 4 personnel
- Bow access platform
- 1 x 315bhp marine diesel engine
- 2 x Hamilton 274 waterjet
- 500 kg electric capstan
- Lloyds Hull Structure Certificate
- Meets SOLAS Fast Rescue Boat and MCA workboat rules
- Hughes Subsea is a Diving and ROV contractor member of IMCA.
- Hughes Subsea operates a certified integrated Business Management System comprising ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, certified by DNV.
- As a minimum all Hughes Subsea diving operations are conducted to IMCA guidelines.