Ocean Skye - Diving Daughter Craft
The diving craft is ideally suited for restricted area access around offshore vessels, platforms, mobile offshore diving unit systems where DSVs have limited access for maintenance or surveys. Furthermore it is also suited for harbour inspection and repair workscopes where access from quayside is restricted.
Typical workscopes include but not limited to:
- Subsea structure inspection (ACFM, MPI, CP, etc.)
- Light construction works
- Blanking plate installation/removal
- Debris removal
- Special periodic surveys (SPS) carried out to class requirements
- Inshore survey work
- Offshore renewables
- FPSO / FSO diving support
Overall Length: 11.4m
Hull Length: 10.46m
Beam Midships: 2.92m
Power Units: Volvo KAD 44 PC 260HP
Max Speed: 34-37 knots
The davit is type approved according to the latest SOLAS/IMO/MCA regulations:
Weight: 8,000 kg
Length: 5479 mm (excluding any grillage required)
Width: 2300 mm (excluding any grillage required)
Height: 7250 mm (excluding any grillage required)
Controls: Normal and emergency operation from the control panel Hydraulic accumulator dampening system
Winch Length: 37 m
Max Jib Swing Outreach: 4000 mm from the vessel side
Lifting Capacity: 8,000 kg
Gas Control: 3 diver nitrox panel
Dive Management: Diving safety management system (DSMS)
Divers Helmets: 2 x KM37 dive helmet and 1 x KM18 band mask
Divers Umbilicals: 3 x 100m main gas, pneumo, communications, video, light and pressure transducer
Other: Recording facilities, Inspection coordinator area, Man riding recovery system, Fitted dive system compliant with IMCA DO40
- Coded to MCA category 2 allowing travel of up to 60 miles from safe haven
- Fitted Dive system complies with all requirements outlined in IMCA D040
- Vessel load tested for man riding capacity during recovery by davits. SWL:15 te
- Hughes Subsea is a Diving and ROV contractor member of IMCA.
- Hughes Subsea operates a certified integrated Business Management System comprising ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, certified by DNV.
- As a minimum all Hughes Subsea diving operations are conducted to IMCA guidelines.
1 x coxswain, 1 x dive supervisor
1 x inspection co-ordinator, 1 x dive technician
2 x working divers, 1 x standby diver and 3 x tenders
The dive craft is supported during offshore operations by support craft for supply and personnel transport. It is ideally suited for restricted area access around offshore vessels/platforms and MoDu where DSVs have limited access for maintenance/surveys. It is also ideal for harbour inspection and repair workscopes where access from the quayside is restricted.